Perform various functions in an organization of ~40 people to keep computer hardware and equipment in top working state.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities highlighted below:
- Responsible for workstation hardware troubleshooting and repair
- Update and preserve computer inventory and surplus equipment
- Maintain and resolve issues on LAN/WAN, VoIP telephone, MS Teams, and other computing equipment
- Provide AV support including conference room setup, online meeting (Teams) configuration, and recording
- Prioritize and respond to end user service requests tracking work activities in the IT ticketing system, engaging other support resources when needed, and communicating status to the requestor. Accurately record, update, and document requests using the IT service desk system.
- Collaborate with other IT personnel and contractors to resolve complex issues and system outages
- Maintain confidentiality of client and company information
- At all times, protect the security and data integrity of company systems
- Provide end user training in the use of Office 365 applications (i.e. Teams, OneDrive, etc.), conferencing, security, and computing best practices
- Follow standard operating procedures including those for account management, workstation configuration, change control, application configuration, issues escalation, and incident handling
- Evaluate functional needs to help decide system purchase specifications
- Monitor and maintain server backup plan
- Assist in diagnosis and resolution of hardware and network connectivity issues
- Any other duties as assigned by the company.
- Ability to take direction and follow standard operating procedures and best practices
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Ability to plan and prioritize work without supervision
- Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Acute attention to details
- Maintain outstanding verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate seamlessly with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization
- Resolve issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent solutions
- Comfortable working in and assisting others through company help desk software and other remote access desktop programs
- Ability to demonstrate practical troubleshooting and problem analysis techniques
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where multiple projects are in process and must be completed in a timely manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Occasional laboratory/clinical environment
- Routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers/printers.
- Frequent crouching, stooping, with frequent bending and twisting of upper body and neck
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moving) objects including computer equipment, with a maximum lift of 50 pounds
- Previous experience working in an IT support role, preferably two or more years’ experience
- Minimum of an associate degree in computer science, information technology, or in a related field would be helpful. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of troubleshooting computer related issues both hardware and software, as well as desktop, laptop, and mobile devices
- Knowledge of Microsoft environment, Hyper-V, Office 365, as well as other software can be an added advantage
- Knowledge of windows server, active directory, Microsoft exchange server, as well as TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP is desired
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to meet new people and communicate effectively
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- This is a full-time position
- Occasional weekend, holiday, and evening work required